My Friend Bob
My friend Bob is handsome and tall
he is always happy and on the ball.
He is Russian with light blue eyes
he always has a charming smile.
He always listens to me with a kind heart
he is a generous person which sets him apart.
He gives me newspaper clippings that are of cartoons
he is wishes me the best and hopes I get recognized soon.
He always has a kind thing to say
He sends a lot of joy my way.
He told me a family story I made into a poem
Entitled “Baby Saves The Day”
It’s a poem about his grandparents
A loving memory about Bob’s family fate
his Russian family made it to the states
a Bolshevik guard let them over the wired gate.
Bob is a kind and generous soul
He was a volunteer at the Lantana library
where the patrons will miss him so.
For Bob I will make sure I laminate this poem
Bob can proudly frame it and hang it in his home.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on August 10,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Friend Bob by Christina Sunrise )
- 12 Paths, Edward Kofi Louis
- In The Game, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prostitutes, Leong Ming Loong
- Do you have a bird?, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Frydenlund, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)