My heart breaks with every tear,
Loving is so hard to bare sometimes,
It causes pain that I am addicted to.
Wishing I was strong enough...
Strong enough to withstand you.
I look into the eyes of my love,
Seeing everything I feel,
I know I have found what I've been looking for.
When i look in the now distant past,
I realized I was never really whole.
When we meet I knew,
I felt it at last.
Then as fast as you came into my life...
You were torn away from me,
And soon I fell like broken glass.
Ashley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Love by Ashley Davis )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)