As I take the pill the pain runs and hides.
I feel relaxed and calm.
No longer worrying for what I have to do.
Peace comes and I never want it to leave.
I can finally sleep.
I don’t have to stay awake for hours
wondering if ill ever get some rest.
Counting down the minutes
Til this lovely white pill makes everything better.
I know what I do to make the pain disappear is wrong
But I have no other solution for my problem…
I tried other things
but none seemed to work as well as this.
The blade takes away the pain
But only for a little while
And it leaves scars where everyone could see
This way it is only I who knows what I have done.
Ashley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Pill by Ashley Davis )
- GRACE, Itsoghole O Solomon
- Clock Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Promise You, Lilly Emery
- Rock my boat, george albot
- Those who complain النئائين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 3 Petal Flowers, Kyle Schlicher
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)