My Love Affair With Lipstick
I have an all consuming, and forbidden,
Love affair with lipstick,
I cannot get enough of that coloured wax bullet,
It is an all consuming passion,
That slick of lipstick always in fashion.
But word on the street is,
You have to be a tart to wear it,
But maybe I love being a tart:
For wearing that slash of colour is perfection,
It is a love affair with lipstick,
That began long ago with cave girl,
Then Wonder Woman tested out,
Those illegal colours,
Supermodels following suit,
And, finally, I follow too,
With my fellow girlfriends,
And even the occasional male,
For lipstick is for everyone when on sale.
And I shall continue to apply that lipstick,
Even in secret, for it just has to be blended,
And matched with my outfit,
All colours my favourite,
Whether coral, red, pink, peach, purple or fuchsia,
I love all colours and love my passion,
That is my love affair with lipstick.
Paula Glynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Love Affair With Lipstick by Paula Glynn )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner