! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You Best~! ! !
I knew what you did to me,
But I didn't know why;
So I labelled It Love,
And I let It lie...
Deep within my soul,
Safely captured and stored till now.
But without me knowing,
It grew stronger than me somehow.
A prisoner outlasting jail,
A slave turned master;
A Thing I can't restrain;
Towards you, moving faster.
As if It smells the blood of Its own kind,
and longing for Its mother there to rest.
It can't see, hear, taste or touch,
But I know my Love has loved you best.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You Best~! ! ! by Nkululeko Mdudu )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #45, Ronjoy Brahma
- To invasion, hasmukh amathalal
- समनि बान्दो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Last Visit To My Friend, Joyce wolayo
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Abyssinian Queen
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
Robert Laurence Binyon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)