! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You Best~! ! !
I knew what you did to me,
But I didn't know why;
So I labelled It Love,
And I let It lie...
Deep within my soul,
Safely captured and stored till now.
But without me knowing,
It grew stronger than me somehow.
A prisoner outlasting jail,
A slave turned master;
A Thing I can't restrain;
Towards you, moving faster.
As if It smells the blood of Its own kind,
and longing for Its mother there to rest.
It can't see, hear, taste or touch,
But I know my Love has loved you best.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You Best~! ! ! by Nkululeko Mdudu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Daybreak, Jonathon Hadley
- Specialised, Edward Kofi Louis
- Nocturne with Choreography for Departure, Lynda Hull
- Fifty Fathoms Deep, Michael Mira
- In Another Country, Lynda Hull
- Clash Of Values, Edward Kofi Louis
- cities, James Hart
- Secret Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil, evil!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Starlight Symphony, Kewayne Wadley