My love songs
I can't believe how Long it’s taken,
or how we got here.
I’ve loved you since forever,
Yet only for 1 year.
I want our lips to touch,
And our hands to hold.
I want to feel your body,
Comfort me when I am cold.
I want to kiss in public,
And not to be afraid.
I want to live together,
In a home that we have made.
In the morning when we wake,
I want to see you smile.
Tell me that you love me,
And that its all worth while.
I don't want empty words,
Or you to tell me lies.
I might seem vulnerable,
But deep down I am wise.
My only dream I wish,
Is that someday it shall come true.
That you will love me,
As much as I love you.
I never knew about happiness;
I didn’t think dreams came true;
I couldn’t believe in love,
Until I finally met you.
Of everything I know and love and treasure,
It’s you, my love, who gives me perfect pleasure.
I love your way with me, your touch, your kiss;
To be with you is happiness and bliss.
As the sun rises in the East,
So the breaking dawn of my love begins,
As the sun sets in the West,
I am overwhelmed with a burning desire.
A desire locked down deep inside,
One that cannot be concealed anymore,
I long for one sweet kiss to quench my thirst,
I long for one tender touch that will last a lifetime.
At the end of it all you are my deepest desire,
I love you not today nor tomorrow but forever,
Till the day I shall die my heart will always beat next to yours,
My love is always like an pair of open doors.
Dakota Bordeau's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My love songs by Dakota Bordeau )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(7 October 1948 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Yeh Meri Betian, Akhtar Jawad
- I am with you, Tiku akp
- आबै-आबौनि गामि, Ronjoy Brahma
- जोमैनि गामियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ogling breasts … 2112-14, saadat tahir
- गोसोखौ बुरखायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Banging, Casey Renee Kiser
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar