My Mind Is A Bull
My mind is a bucking bull
ready to be free of these origins of canto, coax and control.
I seek a land that doesn't bait the poor, the tired, the hungry,
so I can rise up like that phoenix on the backside of our currency.
The whore on the island riding her seven headed beast doesn't hypnotise
me she only makes me want to set fire to the bible.
The occupancies, the secret meetings, the phony nationalism, the sabotage, subterfuge, the soul and the salad beacons to me and watches me in my fiery dissertation.
My wife removes her ring and beds a fire
My best friend and brother curls up on the prairie doubting the moon the stars and the sun,
My sister in law wants fire in her guts so she can rise up and take control,
and the philosophers just talk, and the poets jus dream,
and I want an ice cream sunday with all the makings of a devine boat.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mind Is A Bull by jerome moore )
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- CUTTING EDGE, Satish Verma
- Will never love nor marry, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- COUNTRIFICATION, bill costley
- Not Alone At All, Francie Lynch
- A passing stranger by Laura's house, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celebration Of Democracy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Indictment Overturned, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A New Friend, Dejan Stojanovic
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)