One day I will wake up,
See the brightness I always miss.
Then I woke up!
Looked up in the sky,
Bright stars attracted my sight.
It was the first midnight I woke up!
We slept in paradise
We dreamt in dreamland vineyard
We bedded in rounded rose beds
I lived and forever I will
Paradise is next to heaven I heard,
Where happy lives live,
Hoped to be there a day before,
But could not make it to the gates,
Where is she? was the query,
Now that I’m back,
Here I am that we go!
ckim mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Paradise by ckim mbasa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost