My Plant is in a Cage
Some of my friends say,
I have green fingers.
I just plant the seed and pray,
and watch, as time lingers.
Grow they do, green and lush
Don't tell no one hush, hush.
cause in Holland we grow 'Mary Jane'
In U.S.A. and Canada it's not quit the same.
The green sage is all the rage,
So I put my green plant in a cage
Locked up tight, 'Motion Detector' on! .
In the morning, no plant will be gone!
David Darbyshire's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Plant is in a Cage by David Darbyshire )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Understanding Is The Key 2, Michael P. McParland
- Understanding Is The Key, Michael P. McParland
- Undying Love, Michael P. McParland
- Vision Of Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Visions, Michael P. McParland
- Roman Showers, Michael P. McParland
- Double Rainbow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Infinite Love, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland