My son's suicide
Less than one year ago I lost my son.
I had no idea that he had a gun.
I heard a shot that came from his room.
Now I feel nothing but despair and gloom.
i didn't know that he was capable of doing himself harm.
It hurt like Hell when my son died in my arms.
When it came to his anger and pain, he always hid it.
I cry every day and I still can't believe that he did it.
As they buried him in the ground, it was both painful and grim.
It was partly my fault because I didn't pay enough attention to him.
I can no longer look in the mirror because I see the reflection of someone who I hate.
Please don't neglect your children like I did or you may suffer the same horrible fate.
(THIS IS A FICTIONAL POEM.)
Randy Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My son's suicide by Randy Johnson )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)