My son's Teacher
On this beautiful day
For all of a whole eight hours
My little boy I place
Dear Teacher, with trust in these hands of yours.
Teach him dear Teacher
The right way to grow
So when he is older
He will know the way he should go
By example, dear Teacher
In words that you say
By things that you do
Dear Teacher, show him the right way.
Graciousness let him see
And gracious words let him hear
Not the rude, the nasty
Keep belittling away from his ears.
Show him how firmness and love
Can difficult people or times gently handle
That screaming and beating
Become only a bully’s poor saddle.
I tell him dear Teacher
Solutions are thought
But the cane at school dear Teacher
Tells him by violence they are bought.
Dear Teacher of my little boy
Do please take care
To you he is one in a forty
To me he is one in a one, only!
Dennisa Davidson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My son's Teacher by Dennisa Davidson )
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)