My son's Teacher
On this beautiful day
For all of a whole eight hours
My little boy I place
Dear Teacher, with trust in these hands of yours.
Teach him dear Teacher
The right way to grow
So when he is older
He will know the way he should go
By example, dear Teacher
In words that you say
By things that you do
Dear Teacher, show him the right way.
Graciousness let him see
And gracious words let him hear
Not the rude, the nasty
Keep belittling away from his ears.
Show him how firmness and love
Can difficult people or times gently handle
That screaming and beating
Become only a bully’s poor saddle.
I tell him dear Teacher
Solutions are thought
But the cane at school dear Teacher
Tells him by violence they are bought.
Dear Teacher of my little boy
Do please take care
To you he is one in a forty
To me he is one in a one, only!
Dennisa Davidson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My son's Teacher by Dennisa Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Random, Kasey Jessie
- The poet Is Tired, Tony Adah
- Making Up!, Denis Martindale
- I Will Never Be You, Katy Rotundo
- True Love, Michael McParland
- The Thief, Tony Adah
- She Tore The Page With The Rose On It, mary douglas
- Lost Saints Wandered Through Forests Of .., mary douglas
- He's God Not A Waster., tolu ogundare
- At the touch of love...., Issah Osumanu