One day I met an angel
She was wearing an elegant smile
Seemed so known though a stranger
She did something to the heart fragile.
She walked in so calmly, right
Stayed and then never left my sight
Taught me not a lesson
Instead gave me a learner's vision.
Her lips prayed for one and all
Never ignored our call
As we were children of her own
We tried to achieve and as if she won.
Grace in her cadenced walking
When she carried away our worries
Her actions, her talking
Will always remain our memories.
She taught to love by Loving
To teach by teaching
To learn by learning
& to let live by let living.
That angel is still besides
& at every turn she is a guide
In our heart she resides
& I promise I'll keep her pride.
-NITYA R. MORE
NITYA MORE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY TEACHER by NITYA MORE )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer
- Praying Peace, Aftab Alam