One day I met an angel
She was wearing an elegant smile
Seemed so known though a stranger
She did something to the heart fragile.
She walked in so calmly, right
Stayed and then never left my sight
Taught me not a lesson
Instead gave me a learner's vision.
Her lips prayed for one and all
Never ignored our call
As we were children of her own
We tried to achieve and as if she won.
Grace in her cadenced walking
When she carried away our worries
Her actions, her talking
Will always remain our memories.
She taught to love by Loving
To teach by teaching
To learn by learning
& to let live by let living.
That angel is still besides
& at every turn she is a guide
In our heart she resides
& I promise I'll keep her pride.
-NITYA R. MORE
NITYA MORE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY TEACHER by NITYA MORE )
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns