David Chap Bottoms
My Ultimate Test
The heart weighs heavy, it builds the strength in me for what I endure.
The days like pelting rain against my skin.
Cold as ice, cutting straight to the bone, leaving the muscle numb as the skin burns. The look in my eyes is determination, filled with hope and dreams, the desire to accomplish what I feel to be true.
Nothing will block my path, I will demolish my obstacles into dust, and I will attain why my heart yearns for.
Her soft skin brings feeling back to my finger tips, the warmth of her body against mine ebbs the pain away.
Her light heart lifts the sorrow from my weary body, relaxing the tireless soul with in me, bringing me joy and happiness.
This is what I dream of, what I hope to figure out and cherish, and no longer take for granted, my love.
David Chap Bottoms's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Ultimate Test by David Chap Bottoms )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- To her...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sunset Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- Waiting On Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland