My Warrior Compatriot
Walking along the road of victory....
And running the victory lap...
Singing songs meant only for warriors...
Warriors with the midas touch..
Let me bathe you in this euphoria...., my Warrior compatriot..,
You went and you conquered....
Racing across the hills..
Face bronzed and smooth....
Eyes as glowing as a dove...
Clothe with the strength of an eagle....
Ever on guard......
Then you reached out to me.....
With a strong, warmth and re- assuring hands....
Wake up East wind, South Wind..
Blow on my garden.....
Fill the air with fragrance made with aloes..
Sail us to a place where warriors are birthed.......
For we have today and tomorrow
Never alone in this life journey...
No retreat...No surrender.....
Iron sharpeneth iron....
Air of freedom is sweet to the soul....
Warriors alike for LIFE
Blessing Ekpe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Warrior Compatriot by Blessing Ekpe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man Blooms, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Oh Giotto! All Your Colors Are, mary douglas
- The Nothing, Roy Blokker
- Kabhee - Sometime, Hardik Vaidya
- kids curse and swear, lee fones
- Drop This Kindness, Naveed Akram
- Far far away..., GRANT FRASER
- Daun Brunellus, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- Babel Multilingual, Mihaela Pirjol
- Stop Seeing Brutality: Resist, Aftab Alam