My Warrior Compatriot
Walking along the road of victory....
And running the victory lap...
Singing songs meant only for warriors...
Warriors with the midas touch..
Let me bathe you in this euphoria...., my Warrior compatriot..,
You went and you conquered....
Racing across the hills..
Face bronzed and smooth....
Eyes as glowing as a dove...
Clothe with the strength of an eagle....
Ever on guard......
Then you reached out to me.....
With a strong, warmth and re- assuring hands....
Wake up East wind, South Wind..
Blow on my garden.....
Fill the air with fragrance made with aloes..
Sail us to a place where warriors are birthed.......
For we have today and tomorrow
Never alone in this life journey...
No retreat...No surrender.....
Iron sharpeneth iron....
Air of freedom is sweet to the soul....
Warriors alike for LIFE
Blessing Ekpe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Warrior Compatriot by Blessing Ekpe )
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)