My Warrior Compatriot
Walking along the road of victory....
And running the victory lap...
Singing songs meant only for warriors...
Warriors with the midas touch..
Let me bathe you in this euphoria...., my Warrior compatriot..,
You went and you conquered....
Racing across the hills..
Face bronzed and smooth....
Eyes as glowing as a dove...
Clothe with the strength of an eagle....
Ever on guard......
Then you reached out to me.....
With a strong, warmth and re- assuring hands....
Wake up East wind, South Wind..
Blow on my garden.....
Fill the air with fragrance made with aloes..
Sail us to a place where warriors are birthed.......
For we have today and tomorrow
Never alone in this life journey...
No retreat...No surrender.....
Iron sharpeneth iron....
Air of freedom is sweet to the soul....
Warriors alike for LIFE
Blessing Ekpe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Warrior Compatriot by Blessing Ekpe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- The Dog Next Door, Tony Adah
- Joseph Cornell, with Box, Michael Dumanis
- The Painting, John Balaban
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.2, cheynne dries
- Why knowing is (& Matisse's Woman with a.., Martha Ronk
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.1, cheynne dries
- Grouch Grinch, Philo Yan
- 'new fairy', saif gallant
- Seeing All the Vermeers, Alfred Corn
- Escapee On The Hill, Tony Adah