'My Yard Sale'
I felt a sadness come rushing across me
as I put the tables and signs away.
After selling saved childhood memories I've stored
discounted price tagged, at my yard sale today.
I seen a man wheel away your first bike
And remembered when daddy took your training wheels off.
You were a bit wobbly at first you rode
but then caught on and took off.
A lady had your Christening gown
and the sweater your Grandmother knit.
I don't know why you didn't want to keep it?
I thought you might too, have treasured it?
Your Halloweens first costume
you were Spider Man that year.
Everything you owned till age ten
It had to be your heros, Spider Man gear.
This sadness is overwelming
can't seem to shake it from my mind.
Childhood memories stuffed in our attic
sold at my yard sale, for a dime.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Yard Sale' by Linda Winchell )
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns