Kimani wa Mumbi
Your hair is dirty, good sir -
Said an innocent child to me one day.
I have what they call African hair,
A natural nappy head.
Its brownish colour they call mousy
What I really would like called auburn.
And so the kid had observed,
She was innocent though
And I had to explain to her
That the same creator who endowed her
With her long beautiful black curly hair
Had also done the same with my kinky mousy one!
Kimani wa Mumbi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nappy Head by Kimani wa Mumbi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon
- Pages Of Unlimited Potential, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak