Kimani wa Mumbi
Your hair is dirty, good sir -
Said an innocent child to me one day.
I have what they call African hair,
A natural nappy head.
Its brownish colour they call mousy
What I really would like called auburn.
And so the kid had observed,
She was innocent though
And I had to explain to her
That the same creator who endowed her
With her long beautiful black curly hair
Had also done the same with my kinky mousy one!
Kimani wa Mumbi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nappy Head by Kimani wa Mumbi )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)