Narrow And Wide Gates
We all must consider, every day, both the broad and narrow way,
For destruction, or life awaits, for all entering through both gates,
The narrow gate leads to life; the one where we find Jesus Christ,
The wide gate leads to a road of sin, a broad path of destruction.
First, one must choose a gate; the road that follows will correlate,
Wide or narrow this is my friend, with each having a different end,
We see here a clear deduction, as one’s life, the other destruction,
The choice is ours, in this life, but, only one leads to Jesus Christ.
A choice not only eternal friend, but having results before the end,
As tribulation may come today, we of God choose the narrow way,
Though the wide can be one easy life, with very little toil and strife,
The choice affects our destination, with a bearing on our salvation.
If, the narrow gate you choose, eternally my friend, you won’t lose,
The only road with an eternal view, one unfortunately chose by few,
While filled at times with tribulation, life with God is the destination,
When we finish the end of life, received in Heaven by Jesus Christ,
Not so friend with the wide gate, which is your choice, not just fate,
With many on that broad road friend, for this leads to a darker end,
Being the eternal separation from God, when you leave earth’s sod,
Far from that wide road many cherish, for you shall eternally perish.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Narrow And Wide Gates by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a hundred and twenty two miles, months, .., Mandolyn ...
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser