Neither Here Nor There...
For once I did overlook
My selfish thoughts I mistook
From your own passion
I did fashion
My own misinterpretation.
With my own mind I did misplace
The very thing I tried in haste
Although you gave and I grabbed
I really felt your wretched love...
I never considered your feeble take
Because you needed to be free,
And confused you came to me
Although I accepted blindingly
I have ruined my sanity...
Separation from this existence
Is my only path, I am trying.
You but enter commonly
Like you own a part of me,
And when I tried to set you free
I grasped mistakenly,
Oh how you have destroyed me...
I come with memory and some semblance of peace
Although you won't admit
The part you've played,
In my not together mental state
Only to participate
When I came upon thee
You told me you were ready...
I have never met
Someone so complex
And willingly you did give
When you thought no one was looking.
But in a glimpse I did find
Your heart you tried so desperately to hide...
And of that tiny glimpse of you
I became a different person.
I have tried to not look your
Only days have passed
I can't believe it so
Whence only weeks ago it had been...
You turned it all on me
But I know with your lack of care
In time you will outgrow
Only when you have healed
Then I may be what you seek...
But I am not one to wait & sit
While you ponder your fate
Which you cannot admit,
And throw away what was good
Your choice, you battle on your own...
While I fight my own battle
To forget you
And forgive you your paranoia
For you don't know who I am...
You found peace in your grief
This tells me you have hurt
A long road awaits you.
And when you set yourself free
I will still be me
But forever changed by you...
Phynea Deliopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Neither Here Nor There... by Phynea Deliopoulos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Freaks, Kamala Das
- Nature, natalie dejesus
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave