Laying in bed, crying myself to sleep.
Slowly losing conciousness without a peep.
Not knowing how much time is here,
Lost in this dream, so deep.
Alone on a dark street so near.
No one around, but voices I hear.
Looking around to find where they are,
Everything pulsing with fear.
Trying to find a place not too far.
Hearing, but not seeing the car.
Suddenly, a screech! What was that? !
Running towards the sound, I hope this isn't war!
There on the side of the road it sat.
The lifeless body of a cat.
I went over and held him in my arm,
Crying in his fur, I sat.
I know this wants harm.
I jolted at the alarm.
I woke up crying with that cat,
Sitting on the side of the road,
If only this had been a nightmare.
I guess that's that.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Ocean Myranda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey