James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
No Binding Referendums... May 18th,2013
Our aristocrats hide out in Ottawa very far away,
Many are appointees in fancy dress and what more can I say?
They don’t have to be elected but still, you better show respect,
And no death-with-dignity because they say, that’s not correct.
They did it to poor sick Sue Rodriguez many years ago,
She had Lou Gehrig’s disease but still, the aristocrats said, “No! ”
Our democracy is an illusion of media mogul guys,
They want an appointment too and it’s part of their disguise.
And Trudeau’s Charter can’t be changed so you better pay heed,
No death-with-dignity because they will decide what or when you need,
You better learn that party politics is the only way to go,
Canadians can’t have binding referendums like the Swiss... no no.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.