James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
NO COMPULSORY VOTING IN CANADA
Canadian politicians can’t have an independent thought,
Locked into some party agenda or they could be distraught,
But if they are real careful they could get a Senate appointment,
And then there is no need for any election disappointment.
Canadians don’t elect their prime ministers by their names,
It’s their party friends that elect them with hidden party aims,
Where no one heard of recall or proportional representation,
No set-date elections, which they avoid without explanation.
And one could get an appointment to the UN in NY,
Banned from their Security Council but good for years of pork,
They like the fact that only half Canadians manage to vote,
Compulsory voting is something they will never promote.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.