No One Like You/Defined
Deities I never had
Blood soaked anchors I never held
Ruins of the divergence that drew me mad
Molded in the wrath of my execration
At first wraith, before I grew sad
Funny it is
How defined I am
By the sadness, ignorance, bliss
How your gaze and touch
Is all I needed
To get away, get away from all this
Never thought I'd feel
The melody stirring within
But you, you undertook the hefty task
To make my life more than just a sin
To give color, to grant love
How cold I have become
How reckless my footsteps have grown
Leave me to the color?
Cast my name to the wind?
Either way we'll be together
You'll lay on me, now and forever
Either in my bed, or on the grass above
Above my shallow grave
And you'll remember me:
'I wish everyone was as brave.'
And the wind will whisper
Into your ear, softly and true
'No one stood beside him.
No one but you.'
Remember, my love
The day before tomorrow
So that I have something to hold to
Something to absolve all the sorrow
Between real purpose
And this adolescence
I'll choose the thing in between
What we had, and never lost
Our souls, hearts, our gleam
I love you
No matter how it may seem
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Like You/Defined by Hasan Haskovic )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra