Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan
No time to worry
I wake up to the cuckoo’s call
Every morning winter or fall
For stretching, aerobics and walk
Why I do this? I need to talk.
To keep my hinges moving
And my muscles mowing
My heart pumping and thoughts creating
My brain beaming and sensors reacting.
After the walk, it’s household chores
A task that at first irks and bores;
An inner urge with my mate to share
Makes us a happy loyal pair.
Gardening lifts the load off my heart
Weeding, manuring and tending
And pleasure courses through every part
My mind with nature blending.
And then my patients all day long,
Seeking relief quick and long
Remind me too time and again
That better skill I need to gain.
Computer, reading and friends
Educate me on the recent trends
In every subject under the sun
At this age, it is learning and fun.
Writing poems and brief essays
Occupies a part of my days
Some get published and then they pay
Some never see the light of day.
Aches and pains my ageing brings
And haunting thought of the future clings
My unfailing faith sets at ease
My bodily worries and bestows peace.
Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No time to worry by Venkateswaran Krishnan Sreenivasan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Posting Photos On The Facebook, I Feel I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- corrosion, oskar hansen
- TO HIS BOOTYLICIOUS MISTRESS, Israel Dammy Ipaye
- Post Photos of Beautiful Girls On The Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- To A Young Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Feet, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Common Touch, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Newspaper Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ideal Indian Wife, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Accomplished Care, Edgar Albert Guest