Paul (ChryWizard) Posney
Sadly, today was my birthday, but no one could tell
I received no, Happy Birthday’s, phone calls, or, no cards in the mail.
I felt like a; nobody, it seems… I have no one who care’s
No one to remember, turning fifty alone, can be hard to bare.
I thought my Mom would remember; so I patiently wait
And, the call from my son and grand children, is only, a little bit late
I thought I had friends, people I’ve known, ten years or more
But I guess; remembering a friends birthday, is; too much of a chore.
It’s nobody’s birthday, and nobody’s home
Nobody’s forgotten, nobody’s alone
Nobody’s seen family, but nobody hears
Not one happy birthday, reaches, nobody’s ears
Nobody notices, the pain felt inside
And, nobody cry’s, when nobody hide’s
Nobody’s alone, with people all around
Nobody; doesn’t matter, so… nobody’s found!
©2011 Paul (ChryWizard) Posney
Paul (ChryWizard) Posney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody’s Birthday by Paul (ChryWizard) Posney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Multi love is natural., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Second Language, Tony Adah
- Shed the hatred to shine., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Do Some of Us Defile This Conservative P.., Monk E. Biz
- Nightlife, Michael McParland
- Somnolence, Tony Adah
- A Village Hero, umaprosad das
- I No Longer Care About Your Police Record!, Monk E. Biz
- Summer Song, Kawa Karpo
- Too Large To Thank God, Lawrence S. Pertillar