Paul (ChryWizard) Posney
One Christmas Morning
One Christmas morning
On Christmas morning, I found I must have been bad,
Because presents from Santa; there's not one that I had.
I looked back on the year to see what I'd done,
What terrible deeds? But I found not a one.
Oh I wasn’t an angel but I tried to be good,
I did all the things that I thought that I should.
I was always polite; and I never did steal,
A white lie or two but no big deal.
I never cheated people or cheat on my wife.
So what was so bad; that I did in my life?
As I looked back on the year, I started to see,
The gifts I’d been given… not under the tree.
The respect of my peers and the fresh smell of rain,
The tender love of a woman who now shares my name.
The laughter of children and the smiles they share,
A really good life; filled with people who care.
I realized right then; standing next to the tree,
How selfish I’d been and Christmas wasn’t about me.
It took a moment or two to remember what Christmas was about,
It celebrates the birth of our savior and sacrifice with no doubts.
© Paul (ChryWizard) Posney 2011
Paul (ChryWizard) Posney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Christmas Morning by Paul (ChryWizard) Posney )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Adam Lindsay Gordon
(19 October 1833 – 24 June 1870)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak