Notes from a frustrated soul's diary
'Jivaeri' (Jiva-eri) .Precious jewel or treasure.
'It's a beautiful, traditional Greek Island folk song of unknown authorship.I grew up listening to this song and it always had a special place in my heart.So I recorded this version with the hope of exposing it to a wider audience around the World.This song is about a Mother lamenting the loss of her child due to emigration.(In Greece many families send their children to foreign lands with the hope of a better life.) In retrospect, the mother regrets having sent her child away and the pain she feels has caused her to now humbly and quietly walk on this Earth.'
I love her short & sweet attitude
The month of February!
As she has only twenty eight days
Unless a leap year.
If other months are like that
What a great comfort?
How sad this perishable garment of body with rickety ribs,
An innocent feather weight wrestler
Who walks three hundred and sixty five days continuously?
* To Yanni for his CD 'Ethnicity'
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Notes from a frustrated soul's diary by nimal dunuhinga )
- Shot By An Angry Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood