I have been to a Social Services Agency today in California.
I was interviewed by a very kind and a polite Lady.
The building and the environment too very attractive.
She explained and gave me the writ.
'Your household's application for food stamps has been denied.
Here's why: You or a member of your household does not meet the requirements of United States Citizenship or eligible Non-Citizen status as established by food stamp regulations.
Your application for Medical dated today has been denied because you are not eligible for any of the following programs:
Medically needy program for a family with a child whose parent(s) is/are absent from home, deceased, incapacitated, unemployed, or working with limited earnings or Medically needy program for the aged, blind or disabled or Medically indigent program for pregnant women or Medically indigent for persons under 21.
You are not blind or disabled and you are not aged.
You are not pregnant.
You are age 21 or older, but under 65.
On the way back home I thanked God!
For not blind or disabled me and still not aged.
But I have some regrets as my beloved had a surgery before in the Uterus
And I too had a surgery in my Scrotum,
So we never get pregnant.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Notification by nimal dunuhinga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Sun And The Moon, Pijush Biswas
Poem of the Day
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- What Is Poetry To Adil?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Sentiment, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- There was no Sound, Lawrence Beck