Ode to Life and Death
And father’s hugs
Sisters’ talks and
Day and night
For fourteen years
I remember when I was down
I said to myself and made me happy
Ode to water, ode to food
Ode to me, and ode to you
Most of all,
Ode to life, and ode to death.
Live it. Love it. Enjoy it while you can.
Stop it. Look back. Regret it you know you can.
TICK TOCK. TICK TOCK.
Time is ticking, hurry up and make your move
I did what I had to do
Now…IT’S YOUR TURN! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to Life and Death by Cynthia Onukwugha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu