Sivan P.G Menon
...ode to my DAD & MOM
Poem by...Sivan PG Menon
…an ode to my ‘dad and mom’
I don’t remember the day,
I toddled on to this 'space...vast..
How I knelt and jerked to reach
the stars and the sky, still a myth.
I wonder, how I learned walking
And talked to ‘mom and dad’.
It still surprises me,
I could chirp like the sparrows,
And imitate the humming birds.
Blessed am I to have the green woods,
the mountains, the gushing springs,
the lush green farms,
the swaying Daffodils,
and a ‘Strong willed dad & mom’
LIFE did take my tiny finger
As it yearned to be held…
As it cherished to be lead…
Through the serpentine realms of destiny,
I clung to them…in the middle…hand in hand.
The quest to reach the star lit sky
Planets so far…and puzzling…
Blue seas …deep and mysterious
I craved to unravel the truth,
befriended me from birth.
Thoughts masculine …enriched me
virtues feminine, nurtured me
emboldened me to wade ahead
‘more than a dad’….. He is to me.
‘more than a mom’…. She is to me.
Remember, the invaluable are invisible,
do not surface, like the pearl, hidden deep.
Embedded are they in my ‘dad & mom’
So deep. …deep in their inner soul…..shining,
an eternal bliss, divine…
a courage inspires me to dive deep,
excavate the hidden treasure,
that lies in them beyond the shores of relationship,
in the oceanic depth of LOVE & ESTEEM.
a fortune immortal…
an ethereal spirit awakens…rekindles…,
upholds a truth…Yes! mom & dad….
true to its form and splendor
like the scores of expressions NATURE transcends
strengthens my belief in LIFE and… Today, I am…what I am….
Sivan P.G Menon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...ode to my DAD & MOM by Sivan P.G Menon )
- I'm Not Tired (Before I Fade), Dylan Attard
- AS THE MANGALYAN 14 WOOS THE MARS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Violence will always Beget more Violence, Hebert Logerie
- Pluis de muis, Madrason writer
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)