Lawrence S. Pertillar
Of Trinkets and Meaningless 'Things'
Those with little to give may have nothing else,
From themselves to offer to others to impress...
But the little they have to leave them with less.
If in the doing it removes someone,
Who has been depressed by stress.
Those with little to give and do,
Prove they have hearts much bigger too...
Than the ones who have abundance but snicker,
At those with nothing but thoughts to bring cheer.
And on their minds deception is no where near,
Regardless who defines their own mindless selfishness...
With an empty hollowness that addresses,
Their wishes to express their shallowness...
With the giving of trinkets and meaningless 'things'.
'What am I going to do with a food processer?
And I appreciate your ten dollar check.
But I have no bank account yet.
Since living on the streets I have no permanent address.'
~Some of you homeless people are so unappreciative.
I guess you expect I should feed you next? ~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Trinkets and Meaningless 'Things' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan