Lawrence S. Pertillar
Often Done By Those Who Do Nothing
I too use to 'think' it was from a selfishness,
When those refused to spend more time...
Being involved with a sharing of opinions,
And making attempts to accomplish...
Good deeds done with others of similar minds.
But I have since learned the difference,
Between selfishness and sacrifice.
And sacrificing one's life to benefit others,
Is seldom a deed done that comes...
With anyone expressing their appreciation.
This observed I can not help not to notice!
The taking of credit for what is done,
Is often done by those who do nothing.
And they are the ones always proposing,
What someone else should do.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Often Done By Those Who Do Nothing by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey