Lawrence S. Pertillar
Often Done By Those Who Do Nothing
I too use to 'think' it was from a selfishness,
When those refused to spend more time...
Being involved with a sharing of opinions,
And making attempts to accomplish...
Good deeds done with others of similar minds.
But I have since learned the difference,
Between selfishness and sacrifice.
And sacrificing one's life to benefit others,
Is seldom a deed done that comes...
With anyone expressing their appreciation.
This observed I can not help not to notice!
The taking of credit for what is done,
Is often done by those who do nothing.
And they are the ones always proposing,
What someone else should do.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Often Done By Those Who Do Nothing by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Quality Of Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- her humor, Bull Hawking
- For CARL, Mae Ethan
- AT THE MOMENT, Mae Ethan
- Mirror - Like Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart Attack, Bradley835289 Dunivan633418
- The BLISS Train IS Rollin'! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Akungba Igbeyin, Tosin Abegunde
- Potential Individuality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Ballad Of The Cowardly Fornicator, Andrea Mejia