Is It Poetry
On The Death Of A Young Woman
I whom never taught you.
I am your other half.
Half of what I am I never was.
Never being what I was, You hope I am.
Young I am strong wrapped in your feeble arms.
Hickory trees are golden the pine trees in the dark.
Deeper in the ground I am and I never quite so still.
Voices growing louder up above my loamy bed.
To be an angel inbetween a chest I lay my head.
What trouble is a tooth O how below I strain.
The hand the fingers rest between each breath I take.
Peace is being full to bursting with the light so white.
And in darkness only I can come.
When the deepest root
is snaped in half my child hood day has flown.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On The Death Of A Young Woman by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry