M.D Dinesh Nair
ON THIS FRIENDSHIP DAY I THANK YOU ALL...
A Friendship Day yet again
And I stand at the crossroads looking at them.
I stand in the dark while they stand in the light
And I begin to see them, only a few..
But they are there.
I need to stand in the light to be seen by them
And my friends, flash your torch of love
To erase this shade of darkness at times...
I thank you one and all..
I thank my oldest friend Surya Rao now 92
Who guided me for long on life and what not..
I thank Valsa my poet wonder not just born as my sister,
I thank Valerie and Hazel my learnt elder poet sisters living in the UK,
I thank Diane who plays magic with words and Heather my eldest sister from the U.S,
I thank Ramesh Rai and Chandra the observers of life all around,
I thank Nasarudheen, Bhaduri and Jayachandran my poet brothers in touch,
I thank John and Shahzia the poets with learning and broad minds,
I thank my dear Unwritten Soul, who writes and writes a lot of truths,
I thank Subbulakshmi and Geetha my two other sisters and ardent readers,
I thank Aswanth our Magic Box and Payal the nightingale.
I thank Robinson, Elenu and Bobby for smiling at me now and then,
I thank Peerboccus and Thomas Hise for being my friends once.
Where are you both now?
And I thank all others who are my friends otherwise over the PH.
Finally all my young friends, all my students mostly under 25
Bubbling with energy and optimism
While making me always feel younger..
I wish you all A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.
And thank you all for being my friends.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ON THIS FRIENDSHIP DAY I THANK YOU ALL... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- AS THE MANGALYAN 14 WOOS THE MARS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Violence will always Beget more Violence, Hebert Logerie
- Pluis de muis, Madrason writer
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)