Gbeti gaius Kafui
Once I found a new love
Once i found a new love.
I thought it was all.
Unknowingly, religion has got it own call.
I sat down and watched helplesly as it took my love away.
I wanted to follow my heart but my mind says it ll lead me to astray.
I was frustrated.
But having my love back was all i wanted.
Heartless Religion changed my desire.
But it never provided a suitable alternative.
Now every part of my life burns like fire.
Could this happened to me if i were among the kings and they call me sire.
You didnt made us we made you.
Now youve tied our hands right at our back and there is nothing we could do.
Now look at me deprived of life by the very thing that preached to protect me.
Its a pity to know i belong, and that is what it ll be.
But if u really meant to protect me, then stop being selfish.
Becoz i always follow your teachings and i loved u soo much but what u made me felt now is anguish.
My life is empty without the things u hate.
Foreign love is what i desire allow me to ve it and dont discriminate
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once I found a new love by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- your heart is a knapsack i want to pack, Mandolyn ...
- how ridiculous is this..., Mandolyn ...
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR