Gbeti gaius Kafui
Once I found a new love
Once i found a new love.
I thought it was all.
Unknowingly, religion has got it own call.
I sat down and watched helplesly as it took my love away.
I wanted to follow my heart but my mind says it ll lead me to astray.
I was frustrated.
But having my love back was all i wanted.
Heartless Religion changed my desire.
But it never provided a suitable alternative.
Now every part of my life burns like fire.
Could this happened to me if i were among the kings and they call me sire.
You didnt made us we made you.
Now youve tied our hands right at our back and there is nothing we could do.
Now look at me deprived of life by the very thing that preached to protect me.
Its a pity to know i belong, and that is what it ll be.
But if u really meant to protect me, then stop being selfish.
Becoz i always follow your teachings and i loved u soo much but what u made me felt now is anguish.
My life is empty without the things u hate.
Foreign love is what i desire allow me to ve it and dont discriminate
Gbeti gaius Kafui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once I found a new love by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With Dogs And Rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher