Once Upon A Time
There was you and me?
It echo's deepest in the sleaze
and somewhere in this guiding rush
The poison lay beneath one word.
Forbidden in this land of lush
An apple tree of yearning lust
For those who grabbed more then their fill
they stole the core for hungry thrill.
In just one moment... wanting more
they shut so many family doors
the branch of life is always full
of egos damaged sold as goods?
No matter where you stray today
The mark upon your tree will stay?
The root? ... of all the bites you make!
will sacrifice the path you take.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once Upon A Time by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sheep, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Words Justified or Words Condemed, Terrance Tracy
- He Said, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unknown, dhia abada
- Time is fixed, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- A Tea Plucker In Sri Lanka, Dilantha Gunawardana
- My Name is Humanity, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Hey Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- যদি ভুলে যাও আমায়, Rezwan Mortuza
- Be not sad, gajanan mishra