Once Upon A Time
There was you and me?
It echo's deepest in the sleaze
and somewhere in this guiding rush
The poison lay beneath one word.
Forbidden in this land of lush
An apple tree of yearning lust
For those who grabbed more then their fill
they stole the core for hungry thrill.
In just one moment... wanting more
they shut so many family doors
the branch of life is always full
of egos damaged sold as goods?
No matter where you stray today
The mark upon your tree will stay?
The root? ... of all the bites you make!
will sacrifice the path you take.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once Upon A Time by Martina Moriarty )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz