One Another’s Light
I do not know what brought me here
Away from where I’ve hardly ever been and now
Am never likely to go again.
Faces are lost, and places passed
At which I could have stopped,
And stopping, been glad enough.
Some faces left a mark,
And I on them might have wrought
Some kind of charm or spell
To make their futures work,
But it’s hard to guess
How one person on another
Works an influence.
We pass, and lit briefly by one another’s light
Hope the way we go is right.
Brian Patten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Another’s Light by Brian Patten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ghost writers, hasmukh amathalal
- Winter, Leslie Philibert
- Big Dreams, Anelle Komana
- JUST GREAT, James Christopher Stevens
- I Love Strippers (rev), Barry Jablonski
- Old Jack The Mole, David Threadgold www.david ..
- OUR REAL REALITY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones