Lawrence S. Pertillar
Other Than Those Substitutions To Taste
Produce it to seduce.
And captivate to hold,
A mind finding it craved.
To keep returning back to it,
Day after day with no wishes to quit...
Is the reason why some appetites,
Are kept alive to survive just to seek...
That which is unique and qualifies,
To satisfy what has been desired.
Other than those substitutions to taste,
One takes to waste...
With a going through the motions,
Unmotivated or devoted.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Other Than Those Substitutions To Taste by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Rights of Women—Spoken by Miss Fonte.., Robert Burns
- Revolution: an impotent rage, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Deep Blue Sea, Taylor Calvert
- Invincible Fate, Taylor Calvert
- Hurricane, Ahmed Tawfik
- Mirrors, Arno Le Roux
- The words we leave unsaid, Chris Zachariou
- Called To The Place Of Dry, Arno Le Roux
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)