James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Ottawa Hierarchy July 23rd 2012
The established hierarchy always wants to stay where they are,
In Ottawa Ontario far away and this is not bizarre,
Some elected, some appointed, some bureaucrats for life,
We don't have binding referendums that could cause them some strife.
Referendums were left out of Trudeau's Charter, signed by the Queen,
That and set-date elections are never mentioned and unseen,
Then add mandatory voting so less than half of us vote,
Therefore they can enact any cause they want to promote.
But not dying with dignity which they want to prevent,
As they did with Sue Rodriguez in Lou Gehrig's disease torment,
It doesn't matter who we elect because nothing changes up there,
We should read the Swiss Constitution and maybe then compare.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.