To wake in the morning and see your eyes,
Makes everything brand new to me.
For so long now, they've brought forth sighs.
And with you only I'll always be.
Every day I spend with you,
Is another day to celebrate.
Our bond that started when the world was new,
And has united our two fates.
You are a part of me, and I a part of you,
You and I we move as one.
To me your'e as fresh as the morning dew,
Forever together, till our days are done.
10/10/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Bond by Juan Olivarez )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)