Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
The bud blossoms and a rose is born
And its beauty no one will scorn.
Time passes and it turns into dust,
Its petals have gone the way of rust
The stars shine and beauty they boast
From high above from city to coast
But even the stars meet their demise
And have no means to compromise.
When life is shared good times feel forever
So I searched for you and said “Let us be together”.
We may not be able to stop time
But we can make memories with each other sublime.
We may not be able to stop the earth from going round the sun
But your heart I hope to have won.
Everything is beautiful when you have someone for whom you care
And your life with that person you willingly share.
If you were mine each sunrise will look prettier than before
Your love in my heart I would store
And every sunset in your arms would last for all time
My heart yours-your heart mine.
I dream of that sparkle in your eye
And pray that as I kiss you time does not fly.
I hope that you will be mine,
So that we can enjoy our time.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Time by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Lady named Suzae, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Dog Named Martini, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- 2 Words, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- OPRAH DOES NOT REGECT JESUS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Writing (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)