Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
The bud blossoms and a rose is born
And its beauty no one will scorn.
Time passes and it turns into dust,
Its petals have gone the way of rust
The stars shine and beauty they boast
From high above from city to coast
But even the stars meet their demise
And have no means to compromise.
When life is shared good times feel forever
So I searched for you and said “Let us be together”.
We may not be able to stop time
But we can make memories with each other sublime.
We may not be able to stop the earth from going round the sun
But your heart I hope to have won.
Everything is beautiful when you have someone for whom you care
And your life with that person you willingly share.
If you were mine each sunrise will look prettier than before
Your love in my heart I would store
And every sunset in your arms would last for all time
My heart yours-your heart mine.
I dream of that sparkle in your eye
And pray that as I kiss you time does not fly.
I hope that you will be mine,
So that we can enjoy our time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Time by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- *Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- Kar Denge Jaan Nisar Hum Batan Ke Baste, Sawariya Kumar
- Ancient remnants, Piyush Dey
- *Haridas: Tansen's Guru, C. P. Sharma
- Past Tense, Jake Deeds