Overheard on a Salmarsh
Nymph, nymph, what are your beads?
Green glass, goblin. Why do you stare at them?
Give them me.
Give them me. Give them me.
Then I will howl all night in the reeds,
Lie in the mud and howl for them.
Goblin, why do you love them so?
They are better than stars or water,
Better than voices of winds that sing,
Better than any man's fair daughter,
Your green glass beads on a silver ring.
Hush, I stole them out of the moon.
Give me your beads, I want them.
I will howl in the deep lagoon
For your green glass beads, I love them so.
Give thme me. Give them.
Harold Monro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Overheard on a Salmarsh by Harold Monro )
- An Old Grump Sees the Sun Rise, Lawrence Beck
- Smear campaign, gajanan mishra
- Kelvingrove Memories, B.. Alexander
- LoTus (translation), Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- LYRICAL VISIT TO VUYELWA MALULEKE, alexander opicho
- Football match, gajanan mishra
- NATURE, WHAT ARE YOU?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- My Little Cup, James Merchant
- WHAT IF NONE ELSE LISTENS TO ME?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Go not please, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)