Lawrence S. Pertillar
What could be behind one's purpose,
To invite the visitation of a known headache.
What is the addiction?
I don't get it when I hear people complain,
Over and over and over again about the same thing.
When all that needs to be done to prevent the doing,
Is to stop the re-occurrence of it.
What is with people whose minds are confined,
To high school corridors...
After more than fourty years they should have left behind.
Wouldn't have been advantageous for them,
To take their places in the world and adjust to fitting in?
But listening to their child-like conversations,
Something is loved by a starting to lick,
A taste for those conflicts they begin but don't end.
And what is devastating about all of this,
There are only a few who view the doing of it...
As silly, foolish and pointless.
While those of the majority accepting a delayed maturity,
Believe they are owed candy the moment it is advertised on TV.
Then to moan and grown about the paying back of loans,
That has deepened their debts yet they keep attracted...
To whatever their neighbors also have,
Although it has decayed 'their' quality of life as well.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Owed Candy by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동묘오피녀 ⓑ대전오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동묘오피 KTwiz 대전오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Needing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drivers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Respect the seniments, hasmukh amathalal
- Cherishing Each Other, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joining In Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Darkness within heart, hasmukh amathalal
- What's Overaching Beyond The Night Sky? .., Merton Lee
- Remote control, Brian Kilpatrick
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Ode To Autumn, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)