*Pain (it’s not what you’re thinking)
So much depends on pain,
For pain is a warning,
It lets us know when we get too close,
To that flame that’s bright and burning.
Pain gives us caution,
Lets us know we’ve gone too far,
Reminds us to bend head,
When we walk under that bar.
Pain helps us learn,
Teaches us that when,
We prick ourselves it hurts,
And we don’t do it again.
Pain discourages death,
It makes us think twice,
Can give us enough time,
To listen to good advice.
Without pain there is no joy.
It balances things out,
So much depends on pain
Something the world can’t live without.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Pain (it’s not what you’re thinking) by Jane Meyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Respite For My Soul, Richard Provencher
- The Painful Genius, Great Shakespeare, Fyodor Sologub
- A THOUGHT HAS TO BE THERE..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- When I Sailed In A Sea, Fyodor Sologub
- What Are Our Villages, Fyodor Sologub
- Experience And Expand, Gokul Raj
- Perth, Paul Cranley
- البيان الأخير, سميح القاسم
- WRITING FURTIVELY, Satish Verma
- Fluoride, Paul Cranley