*Pain (it’s not what you’re thinking)
So much depends on pain,
For pain is a warning,
It lets us know when we get too close,
To that flame that’s bright and burning.
Pain gives us caution,
Lets us know we’ve gone too far,
Reminds us to bend head,
When we walk under that bar.
Pain helps us learn,
Teaches us that when,
We prick ourselves it hurts,
And we don’t do it again.
Pain discourages death,
It makes us think twice,
Can give us enough time,
To listen to good advice.
Without pain there is no joy.
It balances things out,
So much depends on pain
Something the world can’t live without.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Pain (it’s not what you’re thinking) by Jane Meyer )
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam
- Venus, Naveed Khalid
- BEHIND THAT WALL, ROCHISH MON