Palindrome - Nothing Comes and Nothing Stays
Nothing comes and nothing stays,
When I weigh those forlorn days
Nothing wakes my point of view;
Nothing old and nothing new.
Nothing comes around and stays;
Nothing which, though I might pray
Stays here long enough, to touch
Nothing; as if mattered much.
Nothing: the clothes I wear
Nothing: the pain I bare:
Ill winds, when nothing blows;
Nothing comes and nothing goes.
Goes nothing and comes nothing;
Blows nothing when winds, ill;
Bare I pain, the nothing
Wear I clothes, the nothing.
Much mattered; if as nothing
Touch to enough, long here stays
Pray might I, though which nothing
Stays; and around comes nothing.
New nothing and old nothing;
View of point my wakes, nothing,
Days forlorn, those weigh I when:
Stays nothing and comes nothing.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Palindrome - Nothing Comes and Nothing Stays by Patti Masterman )
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)