Loyd C. Taylor
Part of Me
Dedicated to all my children and grandchildren.
You are a part of me, child;
It’s undeniably true.
I hear it in certain words
I see it in things you do!
I’m in your mannerisms,
Little gestures and odd moods;
I’m in your taste of clothing,
Even in your choice of foods.
In many of your features
From your crown to baby toes,
It’s obvious we’re related
And a fact everyone knows.
I’m so happy that you are;
I’m as proud as I can be.
And I know you’re just as proud
That you are a part of me.
Inspired by my grandson Dawson.
Loyd C. Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Part of Me by Loyd C. Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Man Who's Down, Edgar Albert Guest
- Lonely, Edgar Albert Guest
- Why Did You Depart?, Dipika Pathania
- Knowing Only Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Memories Of Tomorrow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Real Lessons, Edgar Albert Guest
- Comparing Every Missing Piece, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hello, Brian Teare
- माळीण madin, ANUP WANKHADE
- Dead House Sonnet, Brian Teare