A bud you were when we first met,
A dud you were when we last met,
Was this story all a planned set?
In the garden our eyes first caught sight,
Our gaze held each other oh-so-tight,
Was it really love-at-first-sight?
Our conversations never seemed to end,
You had so much of yourself to lend,
Was there really nothing to defend?
Our days started in each other's name,
Our nights were all the same,
Was the right over each other up for the claim?
The promises we made seemed so real,
At the alter we also promised to kneel.
Was that all just a mere deal?
Now we've fought,
Into each other's perspective we've not bought.
Was it really your love I had always sought?
Separation is soon to come,
Our growing self-interests also adds to the sum.
Was it really you who wanted my kid to call you 'mum'?
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Past Love by Suraj Samtani )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan