Mother’s children killing mother’s children,
Blood of brothers slain by brothers,
Flows down even beyond home’s borders,
To strangers it cries,
For retribution it cries.
What bond binds us thus?
When poli-trick-stars instigates us against us,
And our children bear arms instead of pens.
They thirst for blood instead of knowledge.
The shields that protected our territories from invaders,
Demarcates us from us; freedom is an illusion.
We were once our brother’s keepers,
For one another, now our hearts feel no affection.
What seed has grown into such animosity?
What doctrine, whose laws?
Life is sweetest when simple,
We can unite in pursuit of a common course,
We are God’s own people
God is Allah, Allah is God,
Divine were his servants being a prophet or son
Isaac or Ishmael,
We are from the loins of a father
Ibrahim or Abraham
See him as daddy rather.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Peaceful Course by kelvin nwanji )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Victory is ours, gajanan mishra
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam