The perfect child she has become
A mask to show the world
She smiles and seems to everyone
The perfect and happy girl.
The grades, the friends, the family
And looks that are to die
Yet hidden underneath that perfect mask
Is someone who tends to cry.
Take away that perfect mask
Of plastic and of porcelain
And there you’ll see a wounded soul
Filled with lies and sin.
Pressure, hate, anxiety
The feelings full of sorrow
Depression, longing, suffering
Will there be a new tomorrow?
She tries to show the entire world
The life they want from her
Yet deal with what she truly is
They don’t even want to bother.
She hides the identity of herself
And wears a false masquerade
Trying to please the ones she loves
And hoping to find a way.
Yet now I say to look at her
Upon her frozen grave
A perfect child now gone and lost
From those who didn’t save.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perfect Child by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro