Speeding reckless at twenty-two
Was evading pursuit from the law
His wasted years just went through
Crashing wildly to the tree he saw.
Perished dreams and great chances
Bled to a useless declining breath,
For fast living, with Death it dances
And Destruction is very quick when met.
Our Youth today live corroded lives
Scrawny joys in such fickle resources.
Drugs and alcohol taken just to survive,
Speed up their exit from humanity's forces.
Copyright ~~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~06.09.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perished Dreams by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul