Speeding reckless at twenty-two
Was evading pursuit from the law
His wasted years just went through
Crashing wildly to the tree he saw.
Perished dreams and great chances
Bled to a useless declining breath,
For fast living, with Death it dances
And Destruction is very quick when met.
Our Youth today live corroded lives
Scrawny joys in such fickle resources.
Drugs and alcohol taken just to survive,
Speed up their exit from humanity's forces.
Copyright ~~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~06.09.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perished Dreams by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lemons, Jon M. Nelson
- Paradise Found, Damian Murphy
- Seventh Sunday, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Fires in the Sky, Ronald Chapman
- Driving Me Crazy! !, Damian Murphy
- For The Maids Of Chibok, Simpa omoluabi
- Sakura Park, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj