That dog over there is called Petra,
she sits staring out of the window.
For a while now she’s been whining;
as though she’s filled with sorrow.
She’s probably waiting for her master,
because he often went out alone.
After two days she’s obediently waiting,
by the window of an empty home.
They say it’s six days since he left her
without a meal, a thought, or care,
but he never stepped out of the house,
he left her while he sat in the chair.
Orlando Belo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Petra’ by Orlando Belo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Complete woman, hasmukh amathalal
- # Life #, Aparna Chatterjee
- Shhh Cricket, Ima Ryma
- Lord Buddha again, hasmukh amathalal
- आं लाजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Night Play, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- Love Me Not, Electric Lady
- Symbol Woman-3(Repost), Indira Renganathan
- दिनैनि हराव नांगोलनि जांख्रा, Ronjoy Brahma
- मशाल जलती रहती है..mashaal, hasmukh amathalal